Skip to content
How are fasteners (screws and bolts) manufactured?
Mark Williams | | March 18, 2022
- Wire is uncoiled, straightened and cut to length
- The steel wire is moulded into the correct shape at room temperature using cold forging / forming / heading machines.
- The head of the bolt or screw is progressively formed by forcing the steel into various dies at high pressure.
- The screw or bolt threads are formed by rolling or cutting.
- The fastener is exposed to extreme heat to harden the steel.
- The surface is treated depending on the application.
- The fasteners are quality checked to ensure uniformity and consistency, and then packed for despatch.